Citizen Advocates is Hiring an Assistant Director!
Citizen Advocates is looking for just the right person to join our small team and help us grow. The right person must enjoy working with people of all abilities. We are looking for someone that will help us turn our ideas and dreams into reality. This person must be detail oriented and follow through on tasks. The ideal person would bring new ideas to all aspects of the job and assist in implementing ideas. Hours and responsibilities could grow as the program grows, and could grow into a Director position in the future. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to learn more about all aspects of running a non-profit.
- Must enjoy interacting with people
- Experience working with people with disabilities is preferred
- Believe that all people have the right to be treated with respect and dignity
- Be familiar with Washington County
- Working knowledge of Google drive or Microsoft office
- Be on social media and understand how to post to different platforms
- Able to speak to small groups as well as individuals
- Willingness to work some weekend and evening hours when needed
- Be able to work independently
- Ability to travel within the county
- Be a go-getter, able to think outside the box, share ideas, be Bold!
- Must be someone that follows through on ideas
- Executive Director
- Assist with CA programs
- Work with Director to accomplish long and short term goals and objectives for the CA programs.
- Work with Director on volunteer recruitment for CA events (online, at community events)
- Promote CA events to group homes, day service providers, individuals & families (via emails, social media, letters, flyers)
- Meet with Executive Director weekly
- Assist with creating and scheduling posts on social media
- Practice record keeping as outlined by the CA Executive Director
- Provide input regarding program development, marketing and needs in fundraising and grant writing activity
- Become informed about the community agencies and organizations as they relate to the CA program and people CA serves
- Work with Director to make sure all state and federal filings are complete
Hours: 15-20 Hours per week
Interested? Please send resume and cover letter to Jessica at email@example.com.